Policies & procedures
Policies & procedures
Registration & Tuition
- Tuition is due at time of registration. The number of classes may vary per month, but monthly payments are divided equally for your convenience and are based on the annual rate.
- Registration fees: There is a non-refundable fee of $30.00 for new students and $15.00 for returning students.
- Auto Debit Payment Options: 1. Auto debit monthly by bank account (no fees) or Credit Card (4% processing fee). 2. ONE INSTALLMENT for the full year upon registration (5% discount) not valid after October 15th.
- Auto debit payments- require 30 days written notice to cancel.
- There is a fee of $25.00 for returned checks.
- Students are expected to keep all tuition payments current. Payments more than 5 days late will be charged a $10.00 late fee. Payments more than 30 days late will incur an additional $10.00 late fee. Payments more than 60 days late will be sent to collections. Late payments or the failure to make tuition payments do not constitute withdrawal from classes or cancellation of an ongoing agreement.
- Class Cards: Adults only, 21 and over, must be used within a 12 week period from date of purchase.
- Classes missed are not pro-rated or refunded.
- Tuition payments less any registration fees are refundable on a pro-rated basis for the first 2 weeks.
- Cancelation of classes requires 30 days notice and must be submitted in person and in writing.
- After the first 2 weeks refund requests will be considered on an individual basis if there are extenuating circumstances. A $10.00 processing fee is non-refundable. Once a student has withdrawn from classes, there will be a $30.00 re-registration fee charged to re-enroll a student.
- Upon written notice and proper documentation of a parent or student’s death or disability BPA will provide a pro-rated refund of tuition payments.
Refunds & Cancelations
- A costume fees must be paid at time of registration. This can be refunded until the costumes are ordered (Dec. 1st). After the costumes have been ordered there are no refunds and the price increases to include shipping fees.
- PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MINOR ALTERATIONS IE: Hemming pants, tightening waist band, etc. Dance recital costumes are sized based on your child’s measurements. Growth is taken into account when costumes are sized. Dance costumes are not custom made for each child. BPA will take care of any major problems with costumes.
Attendance, Lateness & Make-ups
- Attendance is taken at every class. If your child will not be able to attend his or her scheduled class, please contact the studio office in advance. If your child misses 2 consecutive classes and the office has not been contacted, the office administrator will follow-up with a phone call.
- The school reserves the right to have students who come late to class, sit out the class. Broadway Performing Arts reserves the right to terminate lessons for any student with excessive absence or an inability to follow school guidelines and proper class behavior, no refunds will be given.
- Missed classes must be made up within 30 days. The office can help you select the appropriate class for make-up. Please check-in at the front desk before attending your make-up class.
- Classes that are cancelled by the school will be rescheduled. There will be NO reduction in tuition.
- There are no make-ups for classes that are canceled due to weather conditions.
- 24 hours notice must be given if you are unable to make your private lesson or a $25 fee will apply.
- Broadway Performing Arts reserves the right to provide a qualified substitute teacher in the event that the regular teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach. If an appropriate substitute teacher is not available, missed classes/lessons will be made up.
Required clothing and footwear must be worn to all classes. Failure to wear required clothing and footwear to class may result in a student being asked to sit out the class. Repeated failure to wear required clothing and footwear will result in termination of lessons. PLEASE CHECK DRESS CODE FOR YOUR CHILD.
- ACROBATICS – BPA t-shirt, jazz pants or bicycle shorts
- BALLET – Leotards, pink tights, ballet shoes
- BALLET/TAP/JAZZ or BALLET/TAP –leotard and tights, ballet OR jazz sneakers/ shoes
- HIP HOP – Clothes you can move in
- JAZZ/LYRICAL – Form fitting shirt and bottoms, jazz sneakers/shoes or character shoes
- MUSICAL THEATRE – Form fitting shirt and bottoms, jazz sneakers or character shoes
- TAP – Form fitting shirt or leotard, tights or jazz pants, tap shoes
ALL DANCE CLASSES: Hair must be off the face. For ballet classes, shoulder length and long hair MUST be in a bun.
- Students will be asked to perform in an end of year recital performance. Admission is not free; there is a charge for tickets. Students are required to remain backstage throughout performance to take a bow at the end of the show.
- Broadway Performing Arts is not responsible for any lost or stolen property.